The electrical profession is no walk in the park. Check out these 5 facts about electricians from a recent article:
1. Master Electricians Train Nearly as Long as Doctors
There is no room for error when it comes to electrical projects since the slightest mistake could have devastating or even life threatening consequences. This is why master electricians put just as much time and effort into their training and education as any other highly skilled professional.
2. Electricians Tend to Specialize
Like doctors, electricians tend to specialize in a specific area where they have the most knowledge.
- Residential: electricians who deal with home issues.
- Commercial: electricians who service commercial buildings.
- Industrial: electricians who are familiar with and are specially trained to handle industrial electrical equipment.
- Outside Lineman: Electricians who deal with outdoor electrical structures such as power lines, substations, and transformers.
3. Electricians Must Be in Good Shape
Electrical equipment can be extremely heavy or difficult to access. Sometimes electricians must work in cramped quarters, in areas that must be accessed by ladders or in other hard-to-reach areas.
4. Electricians Need to Have Good Thinking Skills
Electrical projects involve more than just simple wire rearrangement. To be successful, an electrician must have a solid mathematical background that enables them to read and analyze blue prints and other technical schematic material. Electricians must also constantly be aware of local and federal safety codes. Furthermore, as some electrical projects can be dangerous, electricians must have good organizational skills and the ability to recall crucial information under stressful circumstances.
5. Electricians are Going Green
Most people do not associate electricians with environmental conservation. However, master electricians are highly-trained, environmentally conscious professionals who are constantly searching for new ways to conserve energy using new technology and offering eco-friendly services like lighting retrofits.